VISD Open Enrollment for 2018-2019
VISD would like to welcome you and thank you for you interest in our district. To get things
started we will need several documents from your child's previous district. Please review the
check list attached and submit all forms. If your child was enrolled in Vidor in the previous year,
we will need current grades, attendance, discipline, STAARand Special Program needs. All
completed packets must be returned to the Superintendent's office as soon as possible.
Student Transfer Application Checklist
All documents must be completed and received in order for application to be considered.
It is the parent or guardian's responsibility to include required documents with the application.
1. Copy of Birth Certificate
2. Copy of Shot Record
3. Attendance Records from Prior and Current School Year
4. Report Card Records from Prior and Current School Year
5. Copy of STARRscores for the Past 2 Years
6. Discipline Records from the Prior School District
7. Special Programs from Prior School District (applicable)
*AII listed items must be completed and turned into the Superintendent's office.
Student Transfer Procedures
All criteria must be completed in order for the application to be considered.
1. Parents need to complete application and return all required information the
2. Applications will be processed and a determination will be made according to District
Policy FDA (Local).
3. Parent will be notified if student does not meet criteria.
4. If student meets criteria, the appropriate campus principal will be notified and
5. If space/instructional staff are not available, the student will be placed on a campus
waiting list and parent will be notified.
6. If student meets criteria and space/instructional staff is available, parent will be notified
and the student will be allowed to enroll into the district for that current school year as
per policy FDA (Local).
*Due to campus population (space/instructional staff availability), all transfers will be
determined on an individual basis; not by family unit.