Straight forward payment of your fines without inquiring about ways to keep the citation from reflecting on your driving record is the same as pleading “no contest” and waiving your right to a jury trial.
You will be found guilty and the conviction will be reported to the Department of Public Safety (if applicable).
Once reported to the Department of Public Safety, you may or may not incur additional penalties/fees under the State of Texas driver responsibility program (surcharge program).
- Bring your payment in person. You must be 17 years of age or older and NOT required to appear before the Judge. If you have not yet entered a plea to the violation, only you or your attorney may enter your plea and pay your violation. When coming in person, we will accept cash, money order, cashier’s check, Visa, Master Card, and Discover Please bring your valid driver's license or other state issued ID with you.
- Mail in your payment. You must be 17 years of age or older and NOT required to appear before the Judge. If you fall under one of the circumstances in which you cannot appear by mail as defined in the “appearances” tab, you will not be able to pay by mail either. When mailing in your payment, we will accept money order or cashier's check. Our mailing address is 1330 First Street, Vidor, TX, 77662.
- A personal check will not be accepted on a case with an active arrest warrant.
- We will not mail a receipt back you unless you include a self addressed stamped envelope.
- Dropping your payment in the Vidor Municipal Court drop box is the same as mailing in your payment and the same conditions apply.
- Paying your citation online through The Payment Group at www.vidorpayments.com or over the phone at 1-800-444-1187. You MUST be 17 years of age or older and NOT required to appear before the Judge. Do NOT subtract the processing fee or tax charged by The Payment Group from the amount you owe the Court. That fee is in addition to the Court payment.
Call The Court Office (409) 769-7452
- Thirty (30) day payment plan. Entire balance is paid within 30 days of signing your payment agreement.
- Over thirty (30) day payment plan. Payments can be made on monthly basis. Pursuant to Texas state law, any payment plan that exceeds thirty (30) days is subject to a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) state time payment fee per violation.
- Call the Court FIRST to make sure you are eligible for a payment plan without appearing before the Judge and to find out your 25% down payment amount.
- Bring your valid driver's license or other state issued identification when coming in person and your 25% down payment. We will provide you with a computer generated payment plan application at the Court office.
- If you wish to mail, fax, or e-mail in your payment plan request, complete the Payment Plan Application and mail, e-mail, or fax the application to the court along with a copy of your valid driver's license or other state issued ID.
- Call the Court office to make sure your application and ID was received and approved.
- Go online at www.vidorpayments.com or call 1-800-444-1187 to pay your 25% down payment.
- Your payment plan will be mailed, e-mailed, or faxed back to you and you will need to return a signed copy to the Court.
Download A Copy Of The Payment Plan Application
- A personal check will NOT be accepted on a case with an active warrant or cases/incidents involving Theft or Issuance of Bad Check. Do not mail cash. We do not process credit card payments over the telephone at the Court office. You may pay online or by telephone via The Payment Group (see below).
- We accept money order, personal check, cashier's check, cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
- When paying online via The Payment Group,www.vidorpayments.com, you MUST click EDIT to enter the correct monthly payment amount. When calling The Payment Group, 1-800-444-1187, to make your monthly payment, it is your responsibility to give the operator the correct payment amount.
- Do NOT subtract the processing fee or tax charged by The Payment Group from the amount of your payment to the Court. That fee is in addition to the Court payment.
Please note: Once you are set up on an established payment plan, you may deliver your payments to the Court by one of the four ways listed above or send someone to make them for you. There is a ten (10) business day grace period on all payments. Failure to make your payments timely will result in your case being set for a Show Cause Hearing. Failure to appear for the hearing will result in the issuance of a capias pro fine (cash only) warrant(s) for your arrest and denial and / or suspension of your driver’s license.